Date: January 23, 2020
Location: Earle Brown Heritage Center, 6155 Earle Brown Drive, Brooklyn Center, MN
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Breakfast and Registration Starts @ 7:30 a.m.)
Driver of the Year Banquet to Follow (Cocktail Hour @ 5:00 p.m., Banquet @ 6:00 p.m.)
Conference & Banquet (Member) $299.00 (Non-Member) $399.00
Safety Conference Only (Member) $229.00 (Non-Member) $329.00
Banquet Only - $89.00 (You may purchase additional banquet tickets under Related Products in registration)
COME AND LEARN:
- How to engage top safety in management.
- How to drive strategic priorities when your team resists change.
- Steps to ensure your safety department is prepared for an FMCSA audit.
- How to access the many MTA safety programs available with your membership.
- Latest regulatory information.
- Ideas and best practices from your peers and experts in the field.
- Ideas for expanding the resources that will make your life easier and help you do your job day-to-day.
- Coaching tips from one of the winningest high school coaches in the nation.
- How to save $3 for every dollar spent on safety.
|CHANGING THE SAFETY MINDSET USING 4DX
Jeff Stott, National Practice Leader of Execution at FranklinCovey
Jeff will speak on the highly effective Four Disciplines of Execution (4DX) and how they can help you turn operations-driven safety into safety-driven operations. You'll discover the barriers that inhibit progress toward safe driver operations and how to recognize and tear down those barriers.
|COMPLIANCE IN A NEW WORLD
Dan Horvath, VP of Safety Policy, ATA
Dan will discuss being a safety leader in this new era and address post-ELD mandate, post Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse, hours of service and other compliance issues.
CULTURE AND COACHING- THE KEYS TO ACTION
Mike Grant, Head Football Coach, Eden Prairie High School
Mike, one of the winningest high school football coaches in the country and son of legendary Vikings Coach, Bud Grant, will share his philosophy on motivating his team and holding them accountable. He'll share how culture impacts your ability to succeed, actionable coaching techniques and how to move from where you are to where you want to be.
CRITICAL SAFETY CONVERSATIONS:
Roundtable discussions with your peers to discuss and brainstorm solutions for industry issues including:
- Driver training/communication
- Safety resources (favorite tools, support)
- Creating a safety mindset and selling it internally
- Best practices to avoid nuclear verdicts
- Driver retention strategies that work
- compliance conversation with Dan Horvath, VP of Safety Policy, ATA
At the beginning of the Safety Conference you will have a chance to do a short self-assessment of your safety program.
This will help attendees focus their attention on their own need for information and support, and will help you make the most of your day.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
7:30 a.m. Breakfast/Networking
8:30 a.m. Welcome
8:40 a.m. Changing the Safety Mindset
9:40 a.m. Roundtable Discussions
10:00 a.m. Compliance in a New World
10:45 a.m. Roundtable Discussions
11:05 a.m. Identifying Safety Conversations
11:20 a.m. Critical Safety Conversations Part 1A
11:50 a.m. Roundtable Discussions
12:00 p.m. Lunch
1:15 p.m. Critical Conversations Part 1B
2:00 p.m. Critical Conversations Part 2
2:50 p.m. Culture & Coaching
3:45 p.m. Wrap-up and adjourn
*Driver of the Year Banquet to Follow