- Trucking Advocacy
- Attend Events
The MTA Drive to Thrive Scholarship Program!
In 2018, the MTA was able to provide $39,500 in scholarships.
Awards were distributed to students who applied through the scholarship portal, and funds were also disbursed to six MTA member community and technical college to disburse to students in their diesel tech and truck driving programs.
In the last five years, MTA members have provided over $100,000 in scholarships to other MTA members and their children.
A big thank you to this year's donors:
Bob Nuss - The Charles Nuss Diesel Technician Scholarship
Kari Rihm / Rihm Family Companies - The John W. Rihm Memorial Scholarship
Ann & Chris Koenig - The Al Koenig Memorial Scholarship
Dart Transit Company
Nuss Truck & Equipment
Contributors can give to one of three designated funds or simply make a general donation. Any single donation exceeding $2,500 can be a named legacy scholarship to honor an industry leader.
• Truck Driving School Fund: Scholarships will be awarded to applicants who are seeking vocational training to become a licensed, professional truck driver.
• Diesel Technician Fund: Scholarships will be awarded to applicants who are seeking vocational training to become a certified diesel engine technician.
• General Studies Fund: Scholarships will be awarded to an applicant seeking a degree from a public or private institution with the specific goal of beginning or continuing work in the trucking industry or to children of MTA members.
CLICK HERE for the 2018-2019 Scholarship Pledge Form.
The 2018-2019 scholarship application will be available after Jan 1, 2019.
Who can apply? To qualify for the MTA Driver to Thrive Scholarship, students should work at, or have an immediate family member, who works at an MTA company and is:
• Pursuing a degree that will lead to a career in the trucking industry,
• Currently employed in the trucking industry and looking to enhance their skill-set or complete their degree, or
• A student with an immediate family member working for an MTA member company.