2020 Minnesota Truck Driving Championships presented by
Please download the following documents BEFORE entering the registration system.
2020 TDC Registration Instructions
2020 ATA TR-1 TR-2 Fillable PDFs
Driver Handout - What to Expect
2020 TDC Schedule of Events
DRIVER ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, a driver must maintain continuous employment with an MTA member motor carrier fleet for a continuous period of at least one year and remain accident free, regardless of fault, for one year prior to TDC. If your company is NOT currently an MTA member and you have drivers that want to participate this year CLICK TO JOIN ONLINE or call (763) 251-6431 for membership information.
DRIVER ENTRY FEE: $165.00 per driver. The $165.00 Driver Entry Fee includes: One (1) "Facts for Drivers" Handbook, One (1) MN TDC Patch, One (1) ATA Patch, One (1) 2020 TDC Hat, breakfast and lunch for both days of the competition, and Two (2) Award Ceremony Tickets for the Driver. You can purchase additional quantities of these items in the registration system and below.
The Minnesota Truck Driving Championships is a competition of professional truck drivers hosted each year by Minnesota Trucking Association. Drivers compete in one of nine classes – Straight Truck, Flatbed, Three Axle, Four Axle, Five Axle, Tank, Twin Trailer, Sleeper Berth and Step Van. Winners in each class go on to compete in ATA’s National Truck Driving Championships in Indianapolis, IN, August 19-22, 2020.
The NTDC and affiliated state TDCs like the Minnesota Truck Driving Championships are considered one of the industry’s largest and most effective safety programs. These annual competitions inspire tens of thousands of drivers to operate accident-free for the right to compete.
During the Minnesota Truck Driving Championships, each driver has a chance to demonstrate his or her driving and inspection skills, knowledge and professionalism through a series of tests. The drivers undergo a written examination, personal interview, pre-trip inspection test and finally, the most visible - the skills test.
There are many great reasons for companies to register their drivers to compete at TDC:
- The TDC is a great incentive for professional truck drivers to operate safely, because they must be accident-free for at least one year prior to the competition. Many of the competitors have millions of accident-free driving miles to their credit.
- When asked, professional drivers will tell you that they are drawn to the Championships by the spirit of competition and by the prestige of being named the best of the best.
- It is described by drivers as being like the Olympics, where they come to win but revel in the camaraderie and excitement.
- Competing drivers feel a sense of pride and achievement, which creates good driver morale and positive attitudes among employees and with customers.
- Companies can take pride in their drivers’ achievements and recognize their excellence both on and off the road. This builds good relationships between the company and its drivers, which translates into driver retention.
- As a family event, it lifts up truck driving as a good career choice and presents a positive image of the truck driver and the trucking industry.
- It’s fun, and builds company pride to have a rooting section at the TDC cheering on your drivers.
Rihm Kenworth - Coon Rapids
9400 Evergreen Blvd., Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Days Inn - Mounds View
2149 Program Ave, Mounds View, MN 55112
ROOM RATE - $104.99 for single bed (2 people max), $114.99 for double beds (4 people max) plus tax. Rate includes complimentary breakfast.
Call (763) 786-2000 to make your room reservations by May 20, 2020.
Group Name to Mention - MN Truck Championship
2200 Mounds View Blvd., Mounds View, MN 55112
Price for Banquet Tickets - $30 (Registered drivers receive 2 tickets with paid driver registration fee).