All certified Minnesota Commercial Vehicle Inspectors must be re-certified every two years if they wish to continue as certified inspectors. You cannot attend the re-certification class if:
- Your certification has been expired for more than six months;
- If your certification is under revocation; or
- If you have already attended and failed a re-certification class.
Minnesota Trucking Association
Concorde Executive Center
6160 Summit Drive #330
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
Class starts at 8:00 and light breakfast will be provided.
Please note: Due to classroom size, classes are limited to 30 students. Class availability is listed next to the date.
Click on a date below to register online
*numbers last updated 11/14/2017
Who Should be Certified?
Minnesota law requires commercial motor vehicles to be inspected annually and display an annual inspection decal. For purposes of the annual inspection, a commercial motor vehicle is:
- A vehicle or combination of motor vehicles having a gross vehicle weight greater than 26,000 pounds
- A bus (more than 15 passengers including the driver)
- A vehicle, regardless of size, that transports a quantity of hazardous materials requiring the vehicle to display placards; or
- A self-propelled special mobile equipment mounted on a commercial motor vehicle chassis with a gross vehicle weight more than 26,000 pounds.
A required inspection may be performed only by:
- An employee of the Department of Public Safety (DPS) or Transportation (MnDOT) who has been certified by the commissioner of DPS after having received training provided by the State Patrol;
- Another person who is not an employee of DPS or MnDOT certified by the commissioner if the person is:
- An owner, or employee of the owner, of one or more commercial motor vehicles that are power units;
- A dealer licensed under section 168.27 and engaged in the business of buying and selling commercial motor vehicles, or an employee of the dealer;
- Engaged in the business of repairing and servicing commercial motor vehicle.
- Governmental agency that operates commercial motor vehicles