Major Metro Area Traffic Impacts This Weekend
Friday, August 16, 2013
This weekend, there will be plenty of construction on Twin Cities Metro area interstates and highways. Due to the high level of construction activities we'd like to call your attention to some of the major traffic impacts that may cause delays:
- Highway 10 - Single-lane between West Main Street/Greenhaven Road and Seventh Avenue
- Interstate 35W - Closed northbound between the I-35/35W/35E Split and Highway 13 in Burnsville
- Interstate 35 - Single-lane southbound between the split in Burnsville and County Road 42.
- Highway 36 - Closed both directions between Highway 61 and White Bear Avenue
- Highway 52 Lafayette Bridge - Vehicle length restrictions remain in effect; no vehicles longer than 35 feet allowed
- Highway 95 - Closed both directions between County Road 12 and Hwy 16
- Highway 169 - Single lane both directions between County Road 21 in Shakopee and Pioneer Trail in Bloomington
- Highway 169 - Closed southbound between Highway 55 in Golden Valley and 77th Avenue in Brooklyn Park
- I-694 - Single lane eastbound between Highway 100 in Brooklyn Center and Long Lake Road in New Brighton between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. westbound single lane from Highway 65 to Highway 100 between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Please exercise patience, pay attention in work zones and follow the posted speed limits to keep the roads safe. If possible move over one lane or reduce your speed for stopped emergency or maintenance vehicles, including ambulance, fire, law enforcement or maintenance and construction vehicles.